Risky Path Risky Path

I like the gradual tension building up; the song is very moving overall and the minimal orchestration actually inhances it with subtle nuances that add a mystical vibe with an exotic (oriental) twist on top. I also like the authentic sound of the percussion and stringed instrument (although they may very well be digitally generated) - they create in my mind this image of a couple of traveling merchants singing around the campfire, deeply tucked among sandy dunes and sleepy camels. Excellent :)

ClimbLadders responds:

thanks for reviewing =)

Lucid Unrest Lucid Unrest

Lovely song and very pleasant vocals :) Unlike others I don't mind the reverb (or rather the ammount of it) - depending on each person's audio system it can get cluddered and seem too much, or not. But it does its job at opening the song and adding a new spacial dimension to the song. Overall the song has a nice flow to it, the music ideas are coherent and it simply sounds right. I don't downgrade songs based on technicalities - I'm interested in the emotion & ideas behind it - so you get 5 stars from me :) Keep up the good work & all the best :)

Action Force One Action Force One

I just love the way you're using the drums as lead instruments - they sound powerful and really push the song. It almost feels like the orchestra is the background for the war drums, and not the other way round - which is nice to hear for a change :) Flawless :)

C13b9b11 responds:

Thanks again....and you totally got what I was trying to do with the drums and orchestra. Awesome!

Treason at Dawn Treason at Dawn

Very impressive war tune :) The drums sound omenous and grand, you can really feel the pressure of each hit and they maintain very well the tension of the moment. The strings widen the sound space while the mellower but emotional final part offers puts a very pleasant spin on it. The track works perfectly when played in loop, it feels like the song is picking up again, growing stronger and stronger :) Awesome job :)

C13b9b11 responds:

Thanks for the review, and your nice words about the piece...I appreciate it!

The Outlier (AIM Entry) The Outlier (AIM Entry)

Magnificent aggrotech :) What I like about this song is that is has a more pronounced experimental side to it than most music in this genre. It's not easy to push the envelope in this field, but once you pull it off, the reward is great - and in this case, you've nailed it :) Keep up the good work :) Best of luck :)

Lich responds:

Thank you for the review, glad you enjoy! :)

Cat Shit Eviction Cat Shit Eviction

Hehe, ska punk with attitude :) The trombone is a bit off, but overall, very energetic & cool song :) Keep up the good work :) Best of luck :)

FustigateM responds:

thanks =D for the review, the scouting, and the friendlyness lol.

Alot of people have told me the trombone sounds real sloppy, ive talked to him about it recently even. he is the newest member of our band and is still kind of rusty so we are just kinda hoping he will get better eventually haha, we mostly just play shows and it works out good live.

thanks!

Pilgrims Pilgrims

Right from the start, the huge sounding lead hits you like a hammer, and then the whole song kicks in all guns blazing: fast, energetic, melodic, with very expressive leads, but in the same time with a hard edge to it. Then the mellower middle - still dominated by the giant saw line - and finally the ethereal fragile vocals that add a new dimension to this sonic tapestry. The end is an explosion of sounds and everything vibrates. Awesome piece :)

Stalin Stalin

I like a lot the weird mixture of music genres and the funny lyrics :) It's a sonic parody, but there's more that meets the ear behind those hilarious verses :) Very nice :)

Murder Me Murder Me

I am a bit shocked how close your voice sounds to MM :) I don't want to nit-pick the song so I'm only gonna say this: good job :) To me it felt like a mix between MM's voice, NIN's way of using harsh percussive sounds and the atmosphere of the newer Mortiis music :) Don't be afraid of using a bit of guitar riffs here and there - even if it's just VST - it will add more depth and aggression, which is after all specific to industrial music. The vibe is there, it just needs a bit more edge - IMO, of course. All in all, quite remarkable :)

Obsidian Obsidian

Holy smoke, it sounds like a herd of bulls in full charge - incredible power & energy! Big plus for the vocals - mean & angry as hell, and yet every word thunders out crystal clear; very expressive. I like metal with no compromise: full aggression, no wimpy melodic parts, just full metal blasting driving the speakers to excursion :) Kick-ass job, guys :) Kudos :)

PhallicNinja responds: